Saturday, February 14, 2009

Odds and Ends

Finished off a few odds and ends this week.

First up, the Saxe-Goldberg grenade launcher crew, lead by Captain Werner von Braunstein.
Some of you may recall maps of the various states of the League posted previously. This is the cartographer at work making field notes, Gerardus Ortelius Malarkey of the Ballyfoole Ordnance Survey (one might say he IS the Ballyfoole Ordnance Survey!). (not looking entirely unlike yours truly)

General Louis-Louis de Milieu, of Mayeux.

A couple of the Cardinal's Guard on horseback. Sometimes mounted troops are useful for such things as crowd control and as guards while travelling.

Pack train of miscellaneous equines.
All of the above miniatures are from Wargames Foundry. The pack train animals are ones I've had for quite some time, just finally got around to finishing them off.

9 comments:

Capt Bill said...

What a wonderful collection of figures. I really need to come up with some engineers. Thanks for sharing...Bill

tradgardmastare said...

I love the grenade fellows and cartographer- thanks for posting them here.
Alan

Bluebear Jeff said...

Yes, a lot of vary good characters here. Well done, sir!


-- Jeff

old-tidders said...

Nice selction of minis. Love the pack animals.

-- Allan

A J said...

The grenade launcher crew and the cartographer are great little vignettes!

johnpreece said...

Are you sure that the cartographer isn't reading 'Charge'?

How do you like your copy?

I realy like the figures here, maybe I have been misjudging Foundry all these years. The Pack train is a really useful bit of kit.

John

Fitz-Badger said...

Thanks for the comments, guys!

John, you may be right. lol

I enjoyed reading Charge. I found the rules a bit dry, but the examples and other stuff were great. I recently finished reading Grant's War Game Companion, too. I loved all the battle reports and various bits.

I know the Foundry minis aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I do enjoy all of the characters and bits and pieces. Keeps the painting interesting for me. I don't know how some of you paint up dozens and dozens of the same pose! ha ha! But who cares as long as you're having fun, eh?

andygamer said...

I trust that the good Captain will stay away from the muzzle of the musket when it is firing the grenade, unlike the Russian officer in Funcken's Lace Wars Vol. II
8^)

old-tidders said...

nice lot of figures. I like the pack horses

-- Allan