Saturday, December 6, 2008

Opening a Pandour's Box


Introducing another Batrachian unit, the Pandours du Pinque, commanded by Colonel Clouseau. The colors in this depiction may not be quite true to life. The coats are white (well, I use very light gray, saving pure white when I want something really white) and the hats, trousers, cuffs and sashes are a violet (Vallejo's blue violet on top of a black basecoat, followed by Vallejo royal purple - so it's more purplish in real life than it appears here). These are from Foundry, where most of my troops (and civilians) are recruited from these days.

8 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

They look pretty good from here.


-- Jeff

Capt Bill said...

A bold looking lot indeed!

abdul666 said...

A glamorous, yet business-like, regiment!

Cheers,
Jean-Louis

abdul666 said...

Colonel Clouseau's Pink Pandours

A brillanat variation on the theme - I never get tired of it!

A J said...

A very nice and unusual unit. And it's nice to see someone else who pandours to their taste for puns.

I'll get my hat...

tradgardmastare said...

A motely crew indeed. I will lock the doors and close the shutters when these chaps are about!

Fitz-Badger said...

No worries, AJ, pundits are highly regarded in my ImagiNation! ;-)

These guys came with some kind of insignia thingie on their hats, but I filed them off. They're actually a mix of regular pandours and grenadier pandours. Now I still have enough to do another unit, but I think I want to come up with another color scheme. In the meantime other recruits are clamoring for attention...

old-tidders said...

Lovely looking pandour unit

-- Allan